About Me

Cambridge, Waikato, New Zealand
Otago man living in the Waikato.

Wednesday 23 February 2011

Email Scam

Here's an email scam I received. I read it, and I thought; yeah right ... you've got to be kidding.

I thought I'd post it here for anyone, who is not familiar with these scams:


Good Day Wayne ,

This is a personal email directed to you and I request that it should
be treated as such.

I am the Personal account officer to the late Eng.Randolf
Grimsey,hereinafter referred to as 'my client' who worked as an
independent oil magnate in my country (England) and unfortunately died
in a car crash with his immediate family on the 4th of Oct,2005.

Since the death of my client in 4th of Oct, 2005, I have written
several letters to the embassy with an intent to locate any of his
extended relatives whom shall be claimants/beneficiaries of his
abandoned personal estate and all such efforts have been to no avail.

More so, I have received official letters from our bank in the last
few weeks suggesting a likely proceeding for confiscation of his
abandoned personal assets in line with existing laws by the bank in
which my client deposited the sum of US$8.5 million Dollars.

On this note I decided to search for a credible person and finding
that you and my client bear similar last name, I was urged to contact
you, that I may, with your consent, present you to the "trustee" bank
as my late client's surviving family member so as to enable you put up
a claim to the bank in that capacity as a next of kin of my client.

I find this possible for the fuller reasons that you bear a similar
last name with my client making it a lot easier for you to put up a
claim in that capacity. I propose that 35% of the net sum will accrue
to you at the conclusion of this deal in so far as I do not incur
further expenses.

Therefore, to facilitate the immediate transfer of this fund, you
need, first to contact me via this email signifying your interest and
as soon as I obtain your confidence, I will immediately appraise you
with the complete details as well as fax you the documents, with which
you are to proceed and i shall direct on how to put up an
applicationto the bank.

However, you will have to accent to an express agreement which I will
forward to you in order to bind us in this transaction.

Upon the receipt of your reply, I will send you by fax or E-mail the
next step to take. I will not fail to bring to your notice that this
proposal is hitch-free and that you should not entertain any fears as
the required arrangements have been made for the completion of this
transfer. Like I said, I require only a sole confidentiality on this.

I guarantee that this will be executed under a legitimate arrangement
that will protect you from any breach of the law.For quick and cordial
communication I will appreciate you to forward your personal telephone
number and fax.

Best regards,
Mr.Allen Mark.



Note that this email plays on my surname. How original, same story different words.
Don't ever be fooled by this nonsense.
They want to rob you of your hard earned cash.

No comments: